For assistance with downloading and installing the necessary software to view Flash or PDF files, please visit the site Accessibility section.
Running Flash interactive content from the Web
Flash content should open in a new tab or window. Windows users can press F11 (in most browsers including Firefox and Internet Explorer) to enable/disable fullscreen mode.
Viewing Adobe Reader PDF files in fullscreen mode
Adobe Reader PDF files can be viewed in fullscreen mode via the following procedures:
- In Firefox 2 and above, press the F11 key to take
you into and out of the fullscreen mode
- In Adobe Reader press Ctrl + L to show the fullscreen mode
- Note that fullscreen mode in Internet Explorer is not available when viewing PDFs
inside the browser
- To avoid PDFs opening in your web browser
you can save them to your local hard disk by right-clicking
on the link that you wish to download and choosing "Save
Link As" or "Save Target As" and specifying a local path and file name. Or follow the instructions
below to force PDFs to open in Adobe Reader by default:
If you are running Adobe Reader 8 or 9.x:
If you are running Acrobat 6.0.x -7.0.x
or Adobe Reader 6.0.x -7.0.x:
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Choose Edit > Preferences.
- Within the left-hand menu, select Internet.
- Deselect the first checkbox (marked "Display PDF in browser").
- Click OK.
- Open Acrobat or Reader.
- Choose Edit > Preferences > Internet.
- Deselect Display PDF in Browser.
- Click OK.